I like Sundays.
Especially when I wake up early enough to accomplish something such as, in my book, making my way to Dunkin’ Donuts before lunchtime. I also like when I’m extra-successful (one free birthday iced caramel latte, bacon-egg-cheese croissant, chocolate creme & glazed & chocolate frosted donuts – no, they were not all for me.)
Other awesome Sunday-ish things:
1. Someone in my neighborhood, if not my own father, always seems to fire up the grill. It’s still technically the end-of-summer season here in North Florida, when it’s 40-freakin’-degrees in the morning but a gorgeous 85 in the afternoon.
2. Grocery shopping. I LOVE GROCERY STORES. I’m not the kind of woman who would rather be shopping for shoes or getting a mani/pedi. Gimme some coupons and I can tear up a grocery store like it’s nobody business. A hint for other grocery-store-lovin’ singles: Go shopping during the day’s most anticipated football game. All the crazies will have already left the store with their prized cheese platters and 7 pound bags of tortilla chips in time to catch the coin toss. The place is practically empty.
3. Laundry. Laundry is not awesome-ish. In fact, I hate it. But Sunday is usually the only time of the week I can rip apart all the bedding and make the sheets and comforters smell all mountain-fresh. Or whatever.
4. The kid gets a chance to have a friend over for a few hours to play, thus giving me even a few hours to do mindless things on the internet, read mindless magazine articles, or watch mindless television. This afternoon, for example, brought me an episode of Bridezillas and Elle’s friend, little T, who managed to hijack my laptop and create an account on Club Penguin after Elle gave away my email address. Thanks, girls.
5. Bridezillas. OMG – I LOVE THESE CRAZAYZIES! New episodes on Sunday nights. Woohoo!
6. Sunday is Baking Day. My folks are dieting but because I weigh in at approximately 104 pounds, I, obviously, am not dieting. The reason for baking on Sundays is that I allow each of my parents to one treat (moderation…right?) and Elle and I stuff our faceholes with as much as we want while the remaining goodies are taken to my office on Monday morning. It’s a win-win situation. Or more like a win-win-win situation.
Is 6 an odd number to end with?
7. I found this in my front yard today!!!! I don’t know where it came from since I’m nowhere near a tree that produces a leaf that huge, but it can only mean one thing…
Sadly, it has come to my attention that Financial Aid has denied me the chance to continue with my classes this semester. Unless I can provide the Financial Aid office with a form, apparently ANY form since not a single person is able to tell me WHICH form, I will be free from the grisly claws of online group-assignments-with-idiots for the next 8 weeks. See, I can always find the bright side.